peta2's Cutest Vegan Alive 2014 contest will be broken down into three rounds: entry, voting to help us determine the finalists, and voting to help us determine the winners. You can enter the contest during the entry round only.
peta2 will give three factors equal consideration in choosing "judges' pick" finalists and winners:
- The total number of votes that you receive
- The enthusiasm that you demonstrate in promoting your entry
- peta2's assessment of the cuteness of your photo
All entries must be submitted by 12 noon EDT on April 29, 2014. At 12 noon EDT on May 2, 2014, voting will open to the public to help peta2 determine who it should select as the finalists. Voting in this round ends on May 23, 2014 at 12 noon EDT. We'll announce the top 20 finalists—the top 10 vote-getters (five guys and five girls) as well as the top 10 "judges' picks" (five male and five female), which will be determined by a peta2 panel—by 12 noon EDT on June 10, 2014. At that time, a new round of voting will begin, in which people will vote to help peta2 determine who it should select as the winners. The final voting round will end at 12 noon EDT on July 3, 2014.
On July 8, 2014, the winners (one male and one female) will be announced!
The winners will each receive a professional photo shoot and the chance to appear in a peta2 ad!
Other contest guidelines include the following:
- Only residents of the United States are eligible.
- All entrants must be between 13 and 21 years old.
- The contest is not open to finalists or winners of previous Cutest Vegetarian Alive or Cutest Vegan Alive contests run by peta2.
- The entrant must be vegan.
Pictures must feature only the contestant, be appropriate (nothing too scandalous!), and be sharp and in focus. Don't submit fuzzies—we want to see your cute faces!
By submitting a photo, you agree that you own or have the right to grant us permission to reproduce the photo and that you give peta2 that permission.
Entrants should not be celebrities. If you have won your hometown's beauty pageant or appeared in your local school calendar, you still qualify. But if you regularly appear in teen magazines, we respectfully ask that you step out of the spotlight for this contest.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.